Thursday, May 03, 2007

Tonight's Music



Karen Matheson of Capercaillie sings Mi Le M'uilinn.

Karen has some good news for Capercaillie fans, from the band's website:

A wee update for you guys re the new album!

Have just spent a wonderful 4 days up at Crear in Kilberry (where I recorded Downriver) rehearsing like fury. When Donald suggested we all go there to work out some new material I have to say I had my reservations. No pub, no telly nothing but sheep, and the ocean, and views of Jura and Ireland, and food to die for, and peace and tranquility! My idea of paradise, but thought the lads would get cabin fever pretty quickly. I was wrong and the atmosphere was amazing, the creative juices were flowing ( or was that the wine!). Anyway we managed to put together 17 new numbers, and more to come. Donald had spent some time at the school of Scottish Studies in Edinburgh doing some research and writing, and then him and I went over to Donegal to do some prep with Manus - (working holiday, beautiful trips to the beach with the kids). We are now planning the next stage in Glasgow for some serious recording in the next few weeks and hopefully the whole process will be quicker this time as we plan to create as much of a live sound as possible, as that is where we feel our forte is at at the moment.

There is also a concert DVD due to be released soon.