Monday, October 01, 2007

Tonight's Music



Karen Matheson, of Capercaillie in case any of you don't know by now, sings another cheerful Celtic song. Crucán Na bPáiste, which means "Burial Place of the Children". This is from Karen's CD Downriver.

Here are the lyrics, Gaelic is in green and the English translation is in black:

Is briste mo chroí Broken my heart
Is uaigneach mo shlí Lonely my life
Is mo stóirín in a luí is mé cráite With my darling child lying here and me tormented
'S é deireadh mo shaol It is the end of my world
Is mo chailín beag rua My little red-haired girl
Sínte i gCrucán na bPáiste Laid out in Crucán na bPáiste

Ni fheicfidh sí arís She will not see again
An drúcht ar an bhféar The dew on the grass
Nó an sneachta i ngleannta Mhaamtrasna Nor the snow in the glens of Maamtrasna
Gan ghrian ar a h-aghaidh No sun on her face
Gan ceol binn na n-éan No sweet song of the birds
Ach an chré fuar i gCrucán na bPáiste Only the cold earth of Crucán na bPáiste