Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tonight's Music



This is Capercaillie performing The Tree from the CD Dusk Till Dawn: The Best of Capercallie .

Crathadh d'aodaich a ghaoil
Thig thu'n taobh-sa mu Shamhainn
Crathadh d'aodaich a ghaoil
Thig thu ma bhios gaoth ann

Bith thu nad ruith air a' rathad
Bith thu nad ruith air a' rathad
Bith thu nad ruith air a' rathad
Sior chrathadh d'aodaich

With sails unfurled my love
you will come this way about Halloween
With sails unfurled my love
You will come if there is a fair wind.

You will make haste on the way
under full sail

Every time I find a new version of this song I post it because it is my favorite. It brings back such a flood of good memories and associations, and brings them back so powerfully, that I can literally see, hear, touch, taste and smell the happiest times of my life.