Thursday, February 14, 2008

Consequences

I just received an email from a gentleman who tells me that if John McCain is the Republican nominee that he will write in Tom Tancredo. There are reasons I mention this. One the man sent me his full name and address to show how serious he was and he was the first correspondent who had a plan beyond just not voting for McCain.

There have been other correspondents. At least a dozen people have sent me notes saying that they will not vote for McCain, no way - no how. Remember on a real good day I'll get 600 hits and on an average day (when blogrolling isn't down) I'll get 250.

That many people out of that small a population is significant.

I thought of this yesterday when Rush Limbaugh said that his call screener told him that he could fill the full three hours of his show every day of the week just with calls from people who will not vote for McCain.

That many people out of that large a population is also significant.

The Republican party has made a serious error and I honestly don't see any way out for them in this election cycle. If John McCain were a genuine patriot who had the true best interests of the Republican party and the United States of America at heart he would look around and see that by running as the Republican nominee he is simply handing the nation over to Barack Obama and he would withdraw from the race and release his delegates.

This would allow the Republican leaders at the convention to find a genuine conservative who could unite the party.

However McCain is not a true patriot and as far as McCain is concerned in any contest between the best interests of the Republican party or the United States of America and John McCain McCain will come out on top every last time.