Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Hollywood star who isn't a moron

Last night a friend of mine asked me if I had seen the Chuck Norris 2nd Amendment ad that ran before the election. I hadn't because I get my TV through a satellite dish and there weren't all that many political ads on Direct TV. But everything makes its way to YouTube sooner or later so I was able to find it:



I agree with my friend. Chuck Norris is now my hero. There are Hollywood stars who are big gun collectors, including Arnold and Sylvester Stallone, who have never so much as lifted a finger or uttered one word in defense of their fellow citizens' 2nd Amendment rights. Then there are big Hollywood names like, Stephen Spielberg, who collect guns and love to shoot but who actively support more gun control laws and gun banning politicians.

Then there are stars who will come out in support of gun owners rights like the late Charlton Heston who became the face and voice of the NRA and Tom Selleck who has done "I'm the NRA" ads but neither Selleck nor Heston has ever been photographed (for an NRA ad) holding anything other than a flintlock musket or a double barreled shotgun. And none of the stars who have gone on the record supporting their fellow gun owner's rights has ever gotten specific about their support for SELF DEFENSE as a primary reason to own a firearm.

Until Chuck Norris.

Of course Chuck hasn't got much to lose as far as his standing with the Hollywood elites is concerned. In addition to being a gun owner and advocate for 2nd Amendment rights Mr. Norris is a couple of other things that Hollywood hates. He is a conservative Republican, a police officer and a committed Evangelical Christian.

If it wasn't for the fact that the people who actually go to movies and watch TV shows love him so much he wouldn't have a career at all.

The Norris ad reminded me of this gun store commercial that I saw on YouTube a while back.



Only the government of the UK and American left-wing loons like Joe Biden wouldn't think of that as a happy ending.