Monday, March 05, 2012

Rush under attack

Some left-wing websites are pushing petitions to get Rush Limbaugh's advertizes to drop his show over the flap concerning the Georgetown University slattern who demanded that her college, a Roman Catholic institution, be forced by the government to provide her and other women of similar moral degradation free contraceptives.  This despite the fact that the Roman Catholic Church holds the use of artificial contraceptives to be contrary to the will of God.

I will not sign such a petition.  However I will give a respectful hearing to anyone urging me to sign one IF and only IF they can show me a copy of a similar petition directed against Bill Maher when he called Sarah Palin a cunt.  Or against those who advanced the baseless rumor that Todd Palin raped at least one of his daughters.  Or against MSNBC host Ed Schultz for calling Laura Ingram a slut.  Or against the DailyKos for allowing posters to routinely refer to Michelle Malkin an "Asian whore".

What I am doing is writing ProFlowers a note telling them that I will no longer use their services (they are the only Rush advertiser that I patronized).

I would urge anyone who values the First Amendment to do the same because this is nothing but an effort to silence an effective voice speaking in defense of this nation's founding principles.