Monday, December 01, 2008

Yeah, right

MINNEAPOLIS - While police say a high-profile indecent conduct case in the Minneapolis Metrodome Saturday is closed, a Carroll woman involved in it told the Daily Times Herald she believes she was a victim of foul play rather than a willing collaborator.

Lois K. Feldman, 38, of Carroll, and Ross M. Walsh, 26, of Linden, were ticketed for indecent conduct after they were reportedly caught engaging in sexual activity in a Metrodome men's restroom handicapped stall during the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers game with the Iowa Hawkeyes. More than a dozen people in the restroom were cheering Feldman and Walsh by the time authorities arrived, a University of Minnesota Police report says.

Feldman acknowledged drinking heavily before the game and says she doesn't remember being in the bathroom.

"I would never ever do that," Feldman said. "My kids are my life. I go to church every Sunday."

Information obtained in police reports and during an interview with University of Minnesota Police Chief Greg Hestness revealed no suggestion or evidence that the incident was anything but consensual on the part of both Walsh and Feldman.

But Feldman tells the Daily Times Herald she may have been drugged or otherwise victimized.

"Everybody thinks something got put in my drink," Feldman said.

She offers no further details as to how that might have happened or who may have been involved.

I spent years working in bars and night clubs and if I had a dollar for every time a woman got drunk and acted like a fool or a slut (not redundant, I've known smart sluts and chaste idiots) I wouldn't be rich, but I could afford a nice afternoon at the range - even with today's ammo prices.

There are some "date-rape" drugs which can make a person unable to resist a sexual assault, and unable to remember it afterwords (read about them here) but what they all have in common is that they leave the victim in an almost zombie-like state unable to resist but also unable to participate as anything other than a passive receptacle.

The woman in this incident was having a good old time getting it on with her partner and performing for the crowd gathered around the men's room stall. I've seen this in night club bathrooms as well, BTY.

This woman got drunk and did something that she would normally have only done in her late night fantasies - and got busted for it. I feel sorry for her but "someone put something in my drink" just doesn't pass the smell test.