Friday, August 19, 2011

Top Ten Conservative Songs

Over on Big Hollywood Deanna Murray has posted her list of "Songs to Empower the Conservative to Take Action".  Of her ten songs the only two I've actually ever listened to are Journey's "Don't Stop Believin" and Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone".  However it got me thinking about what my top ten list of "conservative" songs would be.

First off, I don't require that the songs be political or have an explicit conservative message; just that they have a theme or strike a cord that would appeal to an American conservative. 

I'll be posting my picks tonight and over the next nine days.  Let me know if you agree with my choices or if you have any alternate suggestions.

10.  Catch Me Now I'm Falling by The Kinks.



I heard this on the radio the other day for the fist time in several years and it resonated with me considering the difficuties that the US is currently experiencing.  It reminded me of the editorial written by Canadian journalist Gordon Sinclair back in 1973.